New Year is here... Let the new eating plan commence!

Since having my little man I have been the heaviest/biggest I have ever been - a size 20/22 bottom half and a size 18 top! (for now I shall keep my weight to myself if you don't mind (it's embarrassingly heavy)...

Other than the last weeks of my pregnancy when I was so bloated I resembled a helium balloon I have never been so uncomfortable in my life! The consolation is that at least my hands and feet are normal again!

I've spent the last 7 months focusing on my little man, grabbing food on the go and on reflection not eating regularly and then eating/drinking the wrong things (Carbs in the form of pasta, bread and rice! Diet Coke and Coffee) when I get the chance has not helped my weight issues.

My weight problems were pre-existent to pregnancy and made my journey more difficult - high blood pressure due to this and the bloating/swelling led to constant monitoring for pre-eclampsia and having to take mat leave earlier than I would have wanted.

Our little man arrived safe and sound but I am resolved that next time around (should we be blessed again) I am going to do everything I can to make sure I am physically fit - which is where Dr Dukan comes in...

I've tried Weight Watchers and whilst it works, it is too costly whilst on Mat Leave and when I return to work I am not going to have time for meetings, plus my own Dr has recommended that I need something stricter to start with... so the Dukan Plan it is...

I intend to use this blog for my own personal journal and if it inspires and helps others then so be it...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, back on Plan I go...

What a week!!

Slimming World, Instagram and my Lent driven green tea addiction...