Fashion Plus Size - A outfit for a casual Sunday with two of my favourite people!


With still no hot water it has been a challenge to feel glam over the last week or so, but on Sunday, L and I were invited over to lunch with one of my oldest friends...

Whilst we only love 30 minutes apart, our hectic lives mean that we rarely get to see each other, but when we do it's like nothing has changed and we are back to being teenagers. We use to work together for the now redundant shoe shop 'Stead and Simpson' and it was there we became close - over a love of shoes and Sunday afterwork cocktails 

We are so similar, yet so different - J is very glam and a real die hard girlie, with a love of make up, sparkle and fun. She has always inspired me to make an effort with my appearance, and introduced me to Stila lip polish many moons ago - something I can not live without now! 

So when I knew we were going to be seeing her on Sunday, I wanted to make sure that I was bright and colourful but comfortable enough to play in the garden and the park with L! 

So out came my bargain coral Primark dress - £5 - I coveted this when my cousin came to visit and when an opportunity came up to call into Westfields last month, I grabbed one. It's just a shame that I couldn't find it in other colours that suited me! In fact minus the birks and the entire outfit below was from Primark and cost just under £10! 

Primark may not be to everyone's taste, but it fits my budget at the moment and whilst I'd love to have some investment pieces, currently the days of affording them are gone, and as I aspire to drop a few dresses by next year (aiming for a healthier double figure of 14/16) it isn't worth wasting my money testing out a colour/style, until I know it will be right for me! 

So my posts into autumn will be mostly bargain finds... And hopefully some more J inspired outfits as we have promised to make more time for each other. 
 




post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, back on Plan I go...

What a week!!

Slimming World, Instagram and my Lent driven green tea addiction...