Stagnation... Digression... New Foods!!

Well after hitting the two stone mark - my weight has stagnated & with my will power abandoning me over Easter I have hovered around 17st 4lb-2lb (on the odd day hitting 6lb!) I haven't permenantly gained anything despite my wobbles.

Having looked into it further I have discovered two tips which might help me to break this period of stillness, firstly what is known as White Protein Day - which is exactly as it sounds - a day of purely high quality white protein avoiding all tolerated items, a strict variation of the PP day to increase weight loss through burning stored fat to convert the protein to energy.

The second tip is to increase the amount of Green Tea drunk. With Dukan himself recommending that for one day you replace all the water you drink with Green Tea - be it hot/cold/iced or in sorbet... Including the glass of water you sip from overnight - and given that it is a very good diuretic I will be awake at night!

So with this all in mind I am going to give both a go - in fact I am thinking of being very strict on myself and doing both in the same 24hrs!

I am thinking Monday - I know it's Bank Holiday but I figured it would be a good bet to do it while I am not at work!! If not this Monday (as I need to go buy some Green Tea) then next weekend! I need to break this stagnation as I would like to see the scales hit 16st something by next week, it has teased me for too long!!

On my nosing around the Dukan sites (UK/US official and Facebook), I also discovered two new foods - one to be added to the tolerated list and allowed once a day... Fat Free Jelly!! Imagine my delight - this means I can have something of an evening when I am in desperate need of sweet that isn't one of L's fromage frais or my Sainsbury value yoghurts (they have no fruit so are allowed, but only available at my local store in strawberry and I am getting bored!) plus if made with sparkling water they have a fizzy texture which adds extra interest!

The second thing Dukan has now add to the list of foods which can be had unlimitedly and through ALL phases is Shirataki noodles - which means that D will be happy as he loves to cook Asian foods so we can eat a lovely dinner together...

So later in the week I intend to try this...

Chicken Pad Thai
(Cruise, Consolidation & Stabilization --can be made vegetarian- use tofu)

2 packets Shirataki Noodles
1 large onion, diced
1 head broccoli, chopped into small spears
4 cups bean sprouts
¼ cup water
3 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp. lime juice
½ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
1 tablespoon Dukan Diet Organic Stevia or other sweetener to taste
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
1 tablespoon water
¼ cup scallion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon coriander, finely chopped
1 egg + 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
1/2 lb. ground chicken
Hot sauce to taste

...Yum!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, back on Plan I go...

What a week!!

Slimming World, Instagram and my Lent driven green tea addiction...