Reconnecting with my artistic side


As some of you may know or may have guessed from the page address I have a artistic side and love working in different mediums - I find painting a cathartic release and there are times like this week where I itch to pick up a paint brush and wile away the hours! 

I don't claim to be anywhere near as talented as my dear friend Georgina over at GeoLith - a trained artist who is fabulously talented and worth a visit or Clare - an amazing tattoo artist! 
But if do have my own talents, which can be seen (and purchased) at my FB page LaharaArt or my etsy store. 

Of late my work has been child orientated, as I have been commissioned for bedroom art and baby shower gifts. 



However, my more grown up work leans towards a underwater/sea theme and I am really in love with Georgia O'Keeffe and would love to go on an artistic retreat in New Mexico to see the landscape and sights from which she drew her inspiration.


I have stood in front of Monets and Van Goghs and been captivated but to be before her works within the Georgia O'Keeffe gallery, would be breathtaking and something which is going on my new list of 40 things before my 40th! 

At some point in the next ten years I will get on that plane and visit... I'd like to think D would come with me but as I write this I wonder if the girls would be up for sharing such an amazing experience! We have until we are 40 to do it!! 

Who knows if I win the lottery or we all sell commission pieces for lots of money perhaps we could do it sooner!! 

Until then please stop by and visit both the LaharaArt and GeoLith FB pages... Show us some love, share our work and perhaps purchase one of the pieces you see! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a week!!

Fashion Friday Plus Size - My first link up - Week 3...

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, back on Plan I go...