New recipe source!

Whilst there is no loss in pounds to report this week - stabilisation I am taking as a good thing! I have noticed that I have lost half an inch from most areas - chest-waist-hip,arms & thighs.

My calves remain the same but hopefully in time the calf length pirate boots I covert will fit & I'll be able to indulge myself by buying them!

Next week I plan to have three days pure protein as I am not in my regular work environment for two days, so it'll be easier to stick to it & to drink the required two litres of water which I have been struggling to do!

With this in mind I have been looking for some new ways to make meals more interesting & have found a wonderful website/blog called
mydukandiet.com which breaks down recipes into the phases - and I must say I am quite excited by a few
of the recipes, including the sweet ones as that seems to be my downfall at the moment - following Dinner I always want something sweet & diet coke just isn't satisfying the craving.

D did try to help on this one (after making some delicious normal cookies! My willpower was shot so not surprising there has been no lbs lost!) he did attempt to make some Dukan cookies from the recipe in the Dukan book these were just awful! To be honest it was possibly because he left out the yolk (having read that he needed to separate the eggs he thought it was only whites needed!) the cookies were springy, light & probably would have tasted ok if a different flavouring had been added to the lemon essence I had asked for, so they will be tried again, but I have found a better one on mydukandiet.com which contains goji berries - that are apparently allowed!

So hopefully this week whilst he is still off I can convince him to make me a batch, if I promise not to pull faces as I eat one and then reach for my coffee to clear the taste... Word of advice don't try dunking a Dukan cookie, as fishing it out of the cup is not an easy task!

Heather's Goji Dukan Cookies

Ingredients:

Baking powder 1 and 1/4 tsp. (not soda)
Cinnamon 1/8 tsp.
Cornflour 1 Tbsp.
Eggs 1
Goji Berries 2 Tbsp.
Oat bran 6 Tbsp (rounded)
Splenda 2 Tbsp.
Vanilla essence 1/4 tsp.
Yogurt (fat free) 2 Tbsp.

Instructions:

1
Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan oven).

2
Line an oven tray with oven bake or grease proof paper.

3
Put all ingredients, PLUS a dash of low fat MILK into a bowl and mix thoroughly. Mixture should be a little sloppy. (let stand for a couple of minutes).

4
Measure out to form 6 biscuits leaving enough space in case they spread.

5
Evenly top up a little with the spoon. Flattent the top a little, as they will rise when cooking.

6
Once oven has reached correct temperature cook for about 12 to 14 minutes.

7
They should be lovely and brown. Allow to cool on rack before storing in airtight container.

8
ALL spoon measurements are ROUNDED. Each biscuit contains an average of 1 tablespoon oat bran, so for the Cruise stage you can eat 2 per day, and during Consolidation 3 per day...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, back on Plan I go...

What a week!!

Slimming World, Instagram and my Lent driven green tea addiction...