NYNYStyleProject - Manicure Monday's

As previously mentioned I have been joining in with the #NYNYStyleProject over on Instagram/Twitter on and off since it started and this month they added a weekly style prompt of Manicure Monday's. 

I have been following this prompt to a point - I have been painting my toes as I can't wear opaque nail polish at work, in fact I when working clinical shifts I avoid it, which is a shame as I love Gelish and swear that it the Gelish manicure I had back in the summer really helped improve the condition of my nails. 

My nails/cuticles/hands have become quite dry over the last few years - where once my nails grew quickly and the skin on my hands was soft and plump, because my job involves a lot of handwashing - it has effectively ruined my hands. 

Infection control in my clinical role is key - but did you know that good handwashing technique is just one way to prevent germs from harbouring on your hands - the other thing you must do is look after your skin and nails - because dry/broken areas of skin like cuticle beds are some of the favourite places those little blighters like to linger even when you think you've washed well! 

So when I was given the opportunity by Bzz Agents to trial the new E45 Hand Creams for free, I jumped at the chance to give them a go... 

Yesterday, I received my Bzz Agent parcel, contained with was 'Intense Recovery', a daytime cream for very dry skin and 'Repair & Protect' a overnight cream for dry skin which claims to boost skin cell regeneration over night.

Now I usually hate the feeling of hand creams - I have always preferred to smother my hands in a nourishing base oil as I tend to find creams to be too heavy, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised. 

The overnight cream is lovely and light and it wasn't until I looked at the back that I realised of one the main reasons for this is probably the combination of plant oils it contains - sweet almond and sunflower base oils, along Rosemary essential oil (a good regenerator and excellent antibacterial too) which are lovely and light. The day cream however is a bit too sticky for my liking but as long as I don't coat the palms of my hands too much, I think I can cope with this. 



I have taken a before picture and I am hoping to see some improvement within the next few weeks as already my hands don't feel as sore. 


So now that my hands are feeling a bit more loved, what better way to help them look better than following the Monday prompt - I dug through my polish collection and found a translucent sparkle polish from Maybelline called Sugar Crystals which is subtle enough for my fingernails at work and a lovely rose glitter polish by Nails Inc called Chelsea Square for my toenails - because there I can indulge in colour and drama. 

Whilst they may not be Gelish, I love Nails Inc polishes and they are definitely the next best thing in my book! 

Watch this space for my feedback on how I get on with the E45 creams - my manicured fingers are crossed for good results! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, back on Plan I go...

What a week!!

Slimming World, Instagram and my Lent driven green tea addiction...